Shannon Pemrick, the author of the Experimental Heart series, asked me to be part of the “Meet My Character Blog Tour”. Her books follow a Eira, a Nu Human woman designed to be an emotionless killing machine of war she had no desire to be a puppet of another's master plan. Escape was the only option. A normal, free life was the only goal. Labeled as a failure, she took the opportunity to run and was hunted. I read the book and it was a great fantasy book. You can read more about her and find her Meet My Character post here.
In this character tour I’ve been asked to answer a few of questions about the main character on a work in progress book. As a follower of my blog, you should know that I had a few works-in-progress. I think it will be best for me to talk about Cain and Abel, a 5 part series that I am investing a lot of time in. The cover below is just a sample, will do up a more professional cover when I manage to secure a fund for it.
1) What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person?
My two main characters in the book I'm currently working on are Cain and Abel as expected - both are fictional.
2) When and where is the story set?
The first book, Genesis, is set in the time from ICE AGE all the way to MEDIEVAL SCOTLAND. Book two will be set in the times of CARIBBEAN PIRACY, Book 3 in WILD WEST, Book 4 in WORLD WAR TWO and Book 5 in MODERN DAY AMERICA.
3) What should we know about him/her?
Both Cain and Abel are humans made into vampires after partaking the magical blood of a Dragon. They are brothers and their parents died protecting Dragons, enemies feared by the humankind. Eve, a Dragon looked after them as thanks to their dead parents. After they witness the death of Eve, ending the ICE AGE, they wandered on the ice covered Earth for millenium untill one day, they decided to leave the North Pole.
4) What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life?
The main conflict in the book is the brotherly love and hate between Cain and Abel. They met the love of their lives, Ruth. She loved Abel and they gotten married. One day, when Abel return after an expedition, he heard the news that Ruth was killed in a viking raid. Later he discovered that it was not true, the truth he heard was that Cain had killed Ruth and turned her into a werewolf, a loyal dog to Cain.
5) What is the personal goal of the character?
The goal of Abel was to seek out Cain and kill him. While the goal of Cain was to love Abel and hide the painful truth from him.
6) Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it?
The working title for the novel is Cain and Abel: Genesis. If you want to read it, drop me an email. I will give you a beta copy of the eBook when it is available.
7) When can we expect the book to be published?
There is no set date yet, but I’m hoping to get it out by September/October this year.
And now, I’ve tagged some other extraordinary authors whom you should check out.
1. Author Raine Koh is a Pop Fiction writer and has published her novel POP ROCK LOVE. Check out more on Raine and her book here. Picture of the book below is taken from Amazon.com.
2. Meet author Laura Whiskens, author of short story Danny Boy. This book is about a young girl, Catherine, who tells the tale of a childhood friend named Danny and the journey through observation of how the public reacts to someone who is “different”. Learn more about Laura and her books here!
Thanks for supporting Indie Authors!
Magus Tor's books on Goodreads
D-Nine: Protectors of the Crown
ratings: 22 (avg rating 4.64)
ratings: 10 (avg rating 4.70)
The Phantom of Misery Sea
ratings: 7 (avg rating 3.86)
New Dawn: Divine War Book One
ratings: 5 (avg rating 4.60)
ratings: 3 (avg rating 3.67)
Basically a dreamer that never grows up.
All Black Flag Books Comics Contests D Nine D-Nine Featured Author Games Life Life Bank Novel Princess Magistrate Promotions Publishing Random Rants Reviews The Greatest MMORPG True Love Comedy Updates Website